Auditions Opera Studio
The Opera Studio is recruiting young opera singers for the 2019-2020 season
Audition from 10 to 15 february 2019
at the Auditorium de la Cité de la musique et de la danse, Strasbourg
The Opéra national du Rhin (OnR) is recruiting young opera singers (any voices) for the Opéra Studio’s 2019-2020 season under the direction of Vincent Monteil.
The teaching program features the following:
• roles and cover roles during the OnR’s season (from rehearsals to performances)
• intensive courses in a range of repertories (French, Italian, German etc.)
• occasional master classes with artists of international reputation
• dramatic expression and theatre stagecrafts
• learning and studying the individual repertory in depth
• concerts, recitals, semi-staged performances, dinners
on stage, collaborations with the Ballet of the OnR, with actors, etc.
• participation in external events: institutions, companies, friends of the OnR, partners, cultural and teaching projects
• daily coaching with repetiteurs.
The Opéra Studio of the Opéra national du Rhin is open to
young singers of all nationalities under 30 years of age on
1st September 2019 for the men and under 28 years of age on
1st September 2019 for the women.
Artists wishing to apply for the auditions must complete an online registration form before 14th December 2018. Application by email or by post will not be accepted.
During the month of January, the short-listed applicants will receive a personal invitation to the audition. Applicants will prepare a spoken text in French (poetry, theatre, ...)
Your application file shall consist of:
• a Curriculum Vitae (with photo)
• a motivation letter
• 2 audio or video links presenting 2 opera arias (one French being compulsory)
• a list of fives arias that you wish to perform at the audition (arias chosen in three different languages with French being compulsory)
information : firstname.lastname@example.org